For a limited time TrustedID, a leading identity theft protection company, is offering a promotion that ends soon. Receive a free Identity Theft Guide and 15% off from TrustedID (ends 7/31) The Identity Theft Guide provides you with facts and information to help prevent Identity Theft, one of the fastest growing crimes in America.
IdentityTruth continues to keep its prices down and offer new promotions. See IdentityTruth: $10 Off Savings.
According to the company, IdentityTruth was developed in order to provide consumers with a convenient, comprehensive tool for managing and safeguarding their identity. They provide:
• Free Experian Credit Report
• Free Tri-Bureau Fraud Alerts
• Credit Monitoring
• Breach Alerts and Personalized Detected Events
• Discovery of Unrecognized Names, Addresses, Utilities under Your SSN#
• Removal of Pre-Approved Credit Offers
• IdentityTruth Health ScoreTM
• Personalized Custom Online Dashboard
If you want to see what they are all about, they also offer the IdentityTruth 7 Day Free Trial.
This weekend TrustedID is offering 18 months protection for the price of 12 months. Click here to take advantage of the promotion – Receive 18 months of Identity Theft Protection for the price of 12 months from TrustedID (ends 5/31/09). They also offer a 30 day risk-free trial. (See below.)
TrustedID has a complete identity theft protection program. The services they provide include:
- Financial identity protection
- Medical benefits protection
- Social Security benefits protection
- Online security to detect and remove spyware from your computer
- Lost wallet protection to help cancel accounts and help replace cards
- Family protection for children and family members living in your household
- CreditLock to prevent credit bureaus from releasing your credit report
Like we mentioned the other day, many people think of identity theft only in the context of someone using your good name and credit history to get money or purchase things. But your childrens’ names and personal information can be stolen as well. College students, with or without a credit history, can especially be at risk. Below is some information about Child Identity Theft, courtesy of Trusted ID – The Top Name in Identity Theft Protection. Click here for more information & 30 Day Risk Free Trial!
What is child identity theft?
Child identity theft occurs when someone uses the child’s personal information without their knowledge for another person’s gain. All the problems that an adult experiences when their identity is stolen- from ruined credit to fraudulent accounts and rampant debt – can happen to a child. Minors make easy targets for scammers because they don’t normally check their credit reports, meaning that the identity theft can go on for years before being noticed. Also, it’s often easy for to get credit in a minor’s name due to their unblemished credit history.
A subset of this group, college students, are particularly at risk. Many colleges and universities use the student’s Social Security number as their student ID, and students are often bombarded with credit card offers. Because this group moves often and may neglect to forward their mail, sensitive information such as pre-approved credit card offers and student loan letters may fall into the wrong hands.
You can protect your child’s identity with TrustedID, the only identity theft protection company that protects your entire family under one low-priced plan. Not only does TrustedID check and protect your child’s credit report but other aspects of their personal information is […]
Many people think of identity theft only in the context of someone using your good name and credit history to get money or purchase things. But your name and personal information can be used in other contexts as as well. Below is some information about Medical Indentity Theft, courtesy of Trusted ID – The Top Name in Identity Theft Protection. Click here for more information & 30 Day Risk Free Trial!
What is medical identity theft?
Medical identity theft is when someone uses your personal information without your knowledge or consent to obtain, or receive payment for, medical treatment, services, or goods. When this happens to you, the thief’s treatments could show up on your record, be taken out of your benefits, and even disqualify you from new health insurance. And most dangerous of all, if the thief’s medical history is confused with yours, your own medical care could be jeopardized.
Medical identity theft is a growing area of identity theft, and one that can have dire consequences. In addition to proactive protection for your financial identity, TrustedID can help prevent this new threat by protecting your medical identity and benefits.
- – 3 percent of all identity theft victims in 2005 were victims of medical identity theft, which means of 8.3 million ID theft victims, approximately 250,000 people were victimized by medical identity theft in that year alone
- – Identity Theft Resource Center (2004) follow up to “Identity Theft: The Aftermath 2003” survey found that 23% of survey respondents found that “Using my information, someone obtained medical services.”
- – Health care fraud accounts for an estimated 3 to 10 percent of all health care costs, or 80 to 120 billion dollars of loss per year
- – Organized patterns of this crime […]